Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Chapter Two" by Heloise


After reading Franca's blog on  “There is no what should be only what is” I felt the need to respond. 
 
It appears that I am at Chapter Two of my life and in need of a new editor for this phase. 
 
I have had a rewarding and successful career in fashion as a design director of woman's and childrenswear.  Besides being responsible for running design teams of brand products, I worked with all major retailers to create private label programs.  
 
My career defined a large portion of who I was. I enjoyed working but also enjoyed the rewards that came with it. I traveled, was able to purchase, within reason, anything I wanted. I was able to spend money on family and friends and enjoyed the happiness it brought to them. 
 
Throughout  my career I was never unemployed and usually received multiple offers to join other companies. This came to an abrupt halt a year ago when without warning I was downsized. Not only was I downsized but downsized in an industry that has shrunk by 20 percent or more in the past year. 
 
At first I was quite optimistic I had received a fair severance package and truly believed with my experience I would find something else quickly. With all my contacts I was only able to achieve 4 or 5 interviews and nobody was hiring just downsizing. 
 
I have seen major recruiters leaving the industry, as there were no jobs to fill, they have no income. 
 
Most companies now insist on having applications sent through their web sites. Most never even acknowledge receipt of the resumes. There are no letters, no rejections absolutely no courtesy of any type. You are not allowed an opportunity to see yourself in person.  I have learned, by speaking with friends who are employed in other fields, this in not just in my industry but in most industries.   
 
The HR departments have become rude and chaotic.  I have never experienced a situation where it is absolutely impossible to have any human contact in your job search. Your browser may not support display of this image.  
 
The reality is that my life as I have known it has ground to a halt. 
 
I know I am too young to retire, but the industry seems to feel I am too old to work.  
 
I am sure that there are many other high powered individuals out there who in their middle years are not ready to be put out to pasture.  
 
Now comes the hard part how do we re-career and write our Chapter Two. 
 
Thank you Franca for giving me a chance to express what so many others must be feeling.



Dopo la lettura del blog di Franca.     "cio' che e', non cio' che dovrebbe essere"   Ho avuto bisogno di rispondere.  

Sembra che Io sia al Secondo Capitolo della mia vita  e per questa fase e necessario un nuovo editore. 

Ho avuto una rewarding carriera nel campo di fashion.  Ero un direttore di disegno di moda di donne  e bambini.  Oltre a essere responsabile della corsa dei gruppi addetti alla progettazione dei prodotti di marca,  Ho lavorato con il major retailer' s per generare i programmi dell'etichetta riservati per tutti i rivenditori importanti.

La mia carriera ha definito una grande parte di chi ero Io. Ho goduto  di lavorare ma inoltre ho goduto delle ricompense che sono venute con esso. Ho viaggiato, potevo comprare, all'interno di motivi, qualche cosa che volessi. Potevo spendere i soldi sulla famiglia e sugli amici ed ho goduto della felicità che ha dato a loro.   

Durante la mia intera carriera non ero mai senza occupazione e ricevevo multipli offerte da parte di altre aziende.   Ciò è venuto ad una fermata brusca un anno fa quando senza avvertimento il mio lavoro e stato ridotto .   Non solo per me sono state ridotte le dimensioni,  ma le dimensioni sono state ristrette da 20 percento durante l'hanno scorso nell'industria del mio campo.  

Inizialmente ero abbastanza ottimista io avevo ricevuto un pacchetto di buona uscita e veramente  avevo creduto con la mia esperienza che avrei trovato rapidamente  qualcos'altro. Con tutti i miei contatti potevo soltanto realizzare 4 o 5 interviste e nessuno stavano assumendo, stavano solo nella phase di riduzione delle dimensioni.  Ho veduto i reclutatori importanti lasciare l'industria, poichè non ci erano lavori da riempire, non avevano it reddito.   La maggior parte delle aziende insistono su avere applicazioni trasmesse trame il sito Web.  Non ti fanno nemmeno sapere se hanno ricevuto il tuo curriculo.   Non ci sono lettere, nessun rifiuti,  assolutamente nessuna cortesia di qualunque tipo. Non solo nella la mia industria ma la maggior parte di quasi tutte le industrie .  Cosi ne hanno parlato i miei amici.   Dicono  che ora sono diventati maleducati e caotici. Non ho mai sperimentato una situazione dove fosse assolutamente impossibile di avere  il contatto umano nella  ricerca di lavoro.   La realtà è che la mia vita come la conoscievo si è fermata. 

Io So che sono troppo giovane per andare in pensione ma l'industria sembra di ritenere che sia troppo vecchia per lavorare.

 Sono sicura che ci sono molti altri individui ad alta potenza che durante i loro anni centrali non sono pronti ad essere messo fuori per pascolare. 

Ora viene la parte dura come da re-carrier e scrivere il nostro capitolo due. 

Grazie Franca per darmi una opportunita' di  esprimere quelle che tanti altri ritengono.

No comments:

LinkWithin