Saturday, August 6, 2011

I HAD A DREAM

Yesterday, you hurt me and the hurt turned to anger and for that I'm sorry. This is what I wrote in an email to an old friend today.

After, I pressed the send button, I started thinking about what I'd written and what it really meant. I felt I was justified for my anger and that he deserved my angry words. Still pondering the situation, I get a call from Mandi, a friend of mine, who tells me about a video she's working on using the song by Randy Newman "Last night I had a dream"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MkzooASGg&feature=related

Hearing the lyrics of this song triggered more introspection.

You said, "Honey, can you tell me what your name is?"
"Honey, can you tell me what your name is?"
I said, "You know what my name is."

And than it came to me - What I never really realized before - that he never did understand who I really am.

2 comments:

AnnMundayMuses said...

Franca, I am with you. So few people currently in my life, except some via the internet like you, really know me at all. Some think they do, but I understand that they do not.
Teetering on the edge of despair often lately, however, it will pass. "Life goes on, with or without me".
And today have to be especially grateful as parents will mourn the loss of their child. I am fortunate that although I am mourning the loss of someone who was once someone else, at least they are alive.
And I have my art and I have you and the muddle in my head, will unmuddle itself. As always, much love to you, Alanna and Sydney

Shirley said...

Your posting has given me pause...how well do people know me and how well do I know others? The answer I came up with is,probably as well as I know myself! And I'm not 100% sure that I really know myself and can be certain that I will react or feel the same way twice when confronted with the same situation...we are ever changing and evolving....but what I do know is that I would never intentionally harm anyone.

LinkWithin