Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Universe Provides

In my youth I saw coincidence just as that- coincidence- I never read anything more into those serendipitous occurrences. Now I'm beginning to analyze each chance occurrence and have come to believe that they are more significant than mere accidents. I am beginning to read into many coincidences, a response to a need, and to see how the universe provides for us. Of course my daughters think I'm losing it. But my daughters admit that my life is graced by a few too many of these fortuitous events. Every time I need something or worry about something I get an email, a phone call, a check, a client and etc. etc... Things seem to work out all by themselves. True that I set them into motion but the rest takes care of itself. I used to call it my "Guardian Angel."

And when I was in Rome last month, I saw the Universe Provide for a young woman named Mara. I met up with an ex-client, a handsome, charming, talented drummer, who had a gig in Rome. We hung out for two days, lunch to shopping to smoking our cigars while sitting at a bar on via del Corso, meeting Giorgio at his studio at the Pineto for coffee. At the end of each day he went to his English speaking AA meeting. The first day the meeting was held at a basement of a church near Via Nazionale. On the second day the meeting was to be held elsewhere, but my friend forgot to take the address with him and wanted to go to the internet point to look it up, but I suggested, being we were just steps away from the church, that we go and see if we could get the information there.

It was there that we encountered Mara, sitting on a bench, two hours too early for her meeting. Mara, a beautiful 26-year-old girl. She reminded me so much of my eldest daughter that I stopped and took notice of her. I saw how anxious and nervous she looked. She needed help and we were there to give it to her. The English speaking meeting was across the street starting in an hour. I invited Mara to join us at the bar. While at the bar Mara started crying and my friend being sober for over 15 years knew just what to do and immediately became her sponsor for the day. He invited her to his meeting and calmed her and dried her tears. As we departed I looked at her and said, I can go home and not worry about you, you are in good hands, my friend will help you make it through today, and tomorrow the Universe will provide again.

l'UNIVERSO PROVVEDE

Quando ero giovane vedevo coincidenze come una coincidenza-Non ho mai letto niente di più in quelle occorrenze casuale. Ora sto cominciando ad analizzare ogni casuale occorrenza e credo che questi casuali incidenti sono più significativi. Sto cominciando a capire che in tante coincidenze, e una risposta ad un bisogno, e di vedere come l'universo prevede per noi. Naturalmente le mie figlie pensano che mi sto ad’impazzire. Ma le mie figlie ammettano che nella mia vita ci sono troppi di questi eventi fortuiti. Ogni volta che ho bisogno di qualcosa o che mi preoccupo di qualcosa ricevo una e-mail, una telefonata, un assegno, un client e ecc ecc .. Le cose sembrano che si risolvano tutto da soli. Vero che io le metto in moto, ma il resto si prende cura di sé. Le chiamavo il mio "Angelo Custode".

E quando sono stata a Roma il mese scorso, ho visto l'Universo Prevedere per una giovane donna di nome Mara. Mi sono incontrata cun un ex-cliente, un bell’uomo, affascinante, batterista di talento, che aveva un concerto a Roma. Abbiamo passati due giorni fuori Dall’ora di pranzo, a fare shopping,a fumare i nostri sigari mentre seduti a un bar in via del Corso, da incontrare Giorgio nel suo studio al Pineto per un caffè. Alla fine di ogni giorno lui andava al suo incontro del AA in lingua inglese. Il primo giorno il meeting era in uno scantinato di una chiesa vicino a Via Nazionale. Il secondo giorno la riunione si sarebbe svolta altrove, ma il mio amico si era dimenticato di portare l'indirizzo con lui e voleva andare al punto internet a cercarlo, ma ho proposto, essendo che noi eravamo a pochi passi dalla chiesa, di andare li per ottenere l’inderizzo.

E 'stato lì che abbiamo incontrato Mara, seduta su una panchina, due ore troppo presto per il suo incontro. Mara, un bella ragazza di 26 anni. Mi ricordava cosi’tanto della mia figlia maggiore che mi sono fermata e ho preso nota di lei. Ho visto come era ansiosa e nervoso. Aveva bisogno di aiuto e noi eravamo lì per darle un aiuto. La meeting di lingua inglese stava dall'altra parte della strada e cominciava fra un'ora. Ho invitato Mara al bar con noi. Mentre al bar Mara ha cominciato a piangere e il mio amico che e sobrio per più di 15 anni sapeva esattamente cosa fare e subito è diventato il suo sponsor per la giornata. “la invitò al suo incontro e la calmò e gli asciugò le lacrime. Quando ci siamo lasciati l’ho guardata e gli ho detto, adesso posso andare a casa e non mi preoccupero di te perche sei in buone mani, il mio amico ti aiutera oggi, e domani l'Universo provederà ancora un’altra volta.



L

2 comments:

helscat129 said...

A beautiful and special story from a beautiful and special woman
Thanks for sharing this
Heloise

Frank said...

A very nice story Frances!

Frank

LinkWithin